I wanted to show you another display/ project I wanted to work on for some time now.
I have this little book of ideas that I write in from time to time because as you all know we have 1000 projects that would be awesome..but only two hands..and sometimes even less fingers ;P
Here is three days of work, a lot of swear words and one finished project:
This project started with a old cheap lantern I got from Burlington coat factory about 4 years ago.
It sat outside that entire time so I had to clean it. Remove and clean the glass panels, de rust and spray the lantern and hook..yada yada..
I wanted this scene to appear as if you caught her placing decorations in her hair, I think it worked out.. there were a lot of mistakes/breaks here but in result I think she looks pretty nice.
Here is a picture before I placed her in the lantern..dark picture late last night.
I am guessing she is around half scale, I needed her to be small enough to fit in the lantern but big enough that I could ..see her *lol* gets harder each year
The wings are opalescent you cannot see this in the pictures but they do glimmer in light.
I made the chair from twigs and sticks/ grape vine tendrils from my yard.
The base of the chair and the table are just those simple puzzle pieces sanded and painted dark brown with some ferns my lovely friend Jenn sent me. (her sister esp)
PS...Ignore the bare spots in my lawn and crap all over, I am working on it......NO NO DON'T GO BACK TO LOOK!!!.. >=)
I will show you some of the fairy garden box sets I made up next time, maybe we can do a quick tut on making wood out of clay ;)
Hope your days and projects are going well!! a..js