Nov 3, 2015

Tap tap (dust)... this thing on? : The long (working) vacation

Good day fine folks!

I've been away for quite some time haven't I? Time to stretch and yawn and get back to rambling on about mini fanatical thoughts and crazy miniature experiments!

How have you been? I've been reading along and seen some fantastic work, shabby roomboxes of delicate colors, witchy shops of magical delight, big moves, small renovations, lavish stories of fantastical worlds, flowers so fine they look real, old friends come back in costume, kitchens to die for, miniature fair preps, fuzzy superbears, beary delights in Halloween land and beautiful babies!

Whew.. quite a season we've had!

I have been quite busy as a maker myself over the last few months, I have concentrated my time towards Etsy a lot to help pay for my daughters orthodontic work but now its done and I am going to get back to blabbing....

So for this first rusty post I will just ramble on about things I've been doing and show some pictures in hopes that it may inspire some of you as you inspire me!
______________________________________________________

My daughters first request was for us to build a real dollhouse for her over the summer to be worked on over time. I agreed as long as she did 90% of the work with me sitting along and guiding her.

She loves a old, worn, mossy, witchy house but she also has her own girly style so we decided on a shabby white witch house, of course inspired by some of the lovely shabby looks we've seen done over these last few.

Its a work in progress and I am slowly letting her raid my stash since she is very responsible...so here are some shots of her creations, decoratons and work so far.

Here is the two main floors you can see we did a plastered aged look for the walls and kept everything else in white worn look.
Bedroom and bath, the furniture is all part of greenleaf kits or old projects I never finished. 

Large foam sheet for the chimney painted a few times with the pencil lining. 

Toilet paper clay I had leftover where I used a stone stamp technique which I have promised to get into.... and I will .....soon! 

My daughters first veggy basket, which I am so proud of, mind you she is 8 years old and did all of this!

We are still working and building but its a good start!

___________________________________________________-

What else.. uhhh..

Well ive been working on Etsy items but have burnt myself out a bit so am going to take a couple of weeks off from that!!! Here are some of the things I've done since last time.

Alice in wonderland jury box:

Three witches brew

Cherries and Olives
The white witch ( this also inspired our build)

Dragon keeper set

Chiro the bat

Witches supply
Pepo the pumpkin
The good Dr.

And recently I've complete a bit of fan art for myself, some of you know I am a ole big nerdy gamer!

Fallout 4 Garage Diorama

I am sure there is more stuff around here somewhere but I've cracked the ice and got back to blabbing long enough for now!

Hope your all being good little crafty elves!
~Janishicus

17 comments:

  1. Woot! I knew you would nail those olives and cherries! Fantastic work! :D It's so good to see you around and catch up with your minis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/03/2015

    Wow Jane! So pleased you're back to blogging as MiniFanaticus is usually the first blog that I love to read! Thanks for sharing the images of your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. unos trabajos preciosos, me entanta todo lo que has estado haciendo y la casita de tu hija se ve preciosa

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love that your daughter has contracted the mini bug too! Her house is adorbz!! And WOW... she's got her momma's talent with clay for sure. So mad at myself for missing the Etsy goodness, too! Ah, well... maybe next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here we have a saying in Hebrew "The apple didn't fall far away from the tree". This refers to you and your talented young daughter, Glad to see you blogging again and thanks for inspiring me with your lovely creations. Wow how I Love your witchy miniatures.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane! Welcome back to blogging I've missed you ;)!! Wow, what can I say: your daughter has done gorgeous work on her basket with the veggies, you said that she is only 8 years old? Awesome!! I think it must be so nice to work together on a (witchy) dollhouse, mom and daughter cosy crafting together in the kitchen, or somewhere else: great :D!
    But you have worked hard for your other miniature works and as always they're soooo typical Jane: fan(a)t(icus)astic works, real treasures who will find a good home I'm sure of :)!
    It's good you're back again, it's so quiet in the blog world since a few months.....so I'm glad you've tapped of the dust of your blog ;D!!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane it's wonderful to see you back you have been missed. Wow your daughter has a lot of talent at 8 wow I am jealous :D I love her veg. Great idea with the house. All your makes are amazing I love all the witchy stuff.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Es fantástico que puedas compartir y hacer esa bonita casa con tu hija.
    Todos esos trabajos que nos has enseñado son preciosos. Me ha gustado en especial el garaje.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy smokes! Everything is amazing. And your daughters work is amazing. You have a mini you in the making

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy! Your daughter's house is really really sweet!!! I Love the concept of the White Witch! Keep up the Great work (Both of you!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, I'm so happy to see a post from you. What a lovely idea to build a house with your Daughter. It looks like she inherited your talent - her basket of veg is excellent. Lovin' your new creations =0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder your daughter is as talented as you.....and maybe even a bit more!!! She is only 8...... :) All of your new creations are lovely and I'm looking forward to see how you will build the house together. Nice to see you around!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have the same saying in German Drora has mentioned... and it's so true - your daughter inherited her Mom's talent for sure. What a fun project the home of the White Witch is, you know I really go for Witchy Chic! ;O) Your work for Etsy is breathtaking as always, I've already admired most of it but it's always great to see something beautiful again. And speaking of that - it's great to see you babbling again!!!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to see you are making another great miniaturist out of your daughter =) Most be amazing having you as a mum =)
    Don't burn yourself out :S Take it easy, but it's nice to see you have made so many wonderful things, hope you have fun making them =) Everything you make is just perfect! I love the little bat!!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your comeback post Jane, and may I say that your daughter seems to have inherited your talent for making Wonderful miniature creations too! :D ( I especially like the way you have made the chimney look! :))
    It is good to have a mother daughter common interest in crafts. My mom use to hand draw paper dolls and their clothes for my sister and I, and we would color the clothing and cut it out as she finished each outfit. Good times! It makes me SMILE seeing that you and your daughter are making memories that you can both cherish now, and again in the future. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Wow! You have been very busy! The garage is incredible! All those Etsy creations are so perfect. And look at your daughter! She's as talented as Mom! That will be a great little helper for you. You can put her to work on your Etsy shop! She's marvelous.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry it has taken me so long to get here! The Good Doctor really got me, as did many of the witchy/dragon items. You're amazing, and so is your daughter! Eight years old?!!!! She's definitely got the genes from you! It's great to see you here. I've been super-busy, and then when I have time, I do a little on Instagram. Wanted to catch up with some of my favorite blogs, though. Chat soon? xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete