Nov 27, 2012

MiniFanatics, around this house

My 5 year daughter is my biggest fan ;) She was my inspiration from the start and always has great ideas in case I get fog brain when I sit down to the clay table.

From time time we did projects together until she told me she wanted her own clay and tools.



Most children play with clay or playdoh from time to time and you find some nice food stuffs in there or a funny little character but usually a big hand sized ________<insert thing here.

 
My daughter went from lumps to some pretty nice stuff.
 
And of course were not talking about big old hand sized chunks here.. I think she is going to outdo me by age 7.
 
 
At least I can be a good assistant in her shop ;)
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I had my nephew strolling along in my craft room helping me. He made some snakes and snails ans three turtles! I was suprised since he's only three! I'm going to put most of his creations in a small cabnet in the McKinley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a perfect spot for them! Little fingers make some good minis don't they?

      Delete
  2. My grandparents use to own a ceramic shop and I use to go there almost every weekend and play with the clay. My granddad must have had a patients of a saint cause he would just sit there with me for the longest time helping me when the clay was not soft enough! My mom still have a a few thing i made. Surprisingly they are a mini snowman family. Your daughter did a great job too so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were a lucky girl huh? I would LOVE to know anyone with a ceramic shop. Ever think of getting into mini ceramics?? ;)

      Delete
  3. Hmm I do have some cold porcelain clay. Maybe this weekend I could give it a try. I mean whats the worse that could happen? hmm. . . Ok now time to break out Elf on DVD and go get that clay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest thing ever. :) My five year old does the hand sized clumps, but he is pretty good at drawing.

    ReplyDelete