Feb 4, 2015

Monthly Spotlight: JennyBee from Dark Side of a Mini Addict

Good day good folks, oh its a chilly winter here..we've gotten almost 2 feet of snow and I am done with winter!!!

Now is a fantastic time to introduce you to another one of my fantastic friends JennyBee!


 JennyBee has always had a love for all things mini since childhood and even had a Tomy Smaller Homes dollhouse and Woodsey Squirrel Log House. "I still have the family and log house to this day and the squirrels still squeak!"~JB

When she was little she was one of those kids who made things for her dollhouse or her Strawberry Shortcakes dolls. So if fabric, thread, play dough or things like that came up missing it was pretty likely Ms. JennyBee had it in a dollhouse. 

"To me building dollhouses and room boxes is almost therapeuticMost of the ones I have built over the years were given away as gifts to family or friends and then there are some that I just will not part with. No not EVER! "~JB 

This  house you see below is JennyBee's Thistlewood Cottage. "This kit was promoted as a garage but of course when I saw it I was just thinking cottage. I love everything about this build from the many packages of paper clay I stuck on it inside and out and then right down to the decorating. I really wanted to do something different from what I had done before and now I am completely hooked on paper clay because of it!"~JB

You can see the details in this fantastic build have all the conveniences that any woodsy witch would need to be cozy!

JennyBee is a accomplished paper clay lady who also knows how to create some fantastical greenery. I was lucky enough to have received the purple wisteria as seem on my Elven Bowery. Here she shows how she used common items to create some amazing greenery around Thistlewood Cottage.

Jenny is currently finishing the front of a Street Shop that has been waiting patiently on her shelf since the cottage build. She also has a couple things on her list for this year - 

Finish the conservatory and the roof on the witch's house. Sneak in a 1/4 shop or a 1/24 scale front porch so I can decorate it for the seasons!!

JennyBee has some great shots, giveaways and explanations on her blog that are wonderful and is always available to help other mini folk ;)

"just send me a email or a comment on my blog and I'll try to explain it."~JB


16 comments:

  1. Yahoooo JennyB...... I love love her work.... such a talented creative lady.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that JennyB has TALENT! I love what she has done with her Thistlewood Cottage, both inside and out! Well done Jenny! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW thanks Miss Jane and Kelly and Elizabeth! You girls make me blush!! Ohh the things we could create if we all were neighbors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Awesome. Really, really nice. Great artist, naturally amazing outcome... Hope to see u in my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work. I love Jenny's landscaping and the detail in her work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JennyB is a wonderful artist. I'm her follower and truly admire her work. ThisThistlewood Cottage is
    simply amazing.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny is a great artist, I love her work I see on these pictures, which you've shown us, Jane :D!!
    The cottages she creates are amazing work and the scenery too.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such talented friends! And they seem very nice too =) I remember seeing JennyBees blog before, but I most take a closer look again =) Thanks for sharing
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jane,
    What a remarkable artist! I look forward to following her.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your friend is a great artist. I like these creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for introducing another stunning and talented miniaturist to me... this was very inspiring.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work from JennyBee! Thanks for introducing her work to a wider audience, Jane. She and I had so many interests in common from childhood, including the Woodsy Squirrel log house, vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls, and making things for our dollhouses--fun! And I learned from this post that the squirrels squeak--who knew? Had to go test mine out--they squeak too! :-D xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delight all these photos are!
    When I was a Junior primary teach. I always had 2 dolls houses in my classroom. Some of the kids played in it all the time, and at Xmas would decorate the houses.Gosh I wish I had taken photos.The tiny things they made.I should have kept them.They never wanted to take them home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Thistlewood Cottage! Thanks so much for these features... wonderful way to find new people to stalk...err.. I mean follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous work! It's so nice to see all these different artists with their own styles. 2 feet of snow! Poor girl!!! I'm glad it's 70 here. I just hope there will be no surprise snow in February here. Spring is coming- just keep reminding yourself. :0)
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing her work! It's so lovely; what a range of themes! Very inspirational. :)

    ReplyDelete